Student Resource Development Grant
Student Resource and Development Grant
Rolling Deadline throughout the school year.
The Student Resource Development Grant is designed to encourage and support student participation in national competitions or conferences (academic, science, leadership, or vocational). Other special student programs and/or YCSD sponsored activities may also apply for the grant
Persons Eligible to Apply for Grants
There are numerous clubs/classes (i.e. Forensics, Science Fair, Future Business Leaders of America, Odyssey of the Mind, DECA, SCA, etc.) that are eligible.
All eligible proposals must meet the following criteria:
- All applications should be typed or printed using black or blue ink. One (1) hard copy shall be submitted and one (1) electronic copy shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LEADERSHIP for National/International competition shall be defined as any activity that reinforces the competencies, skills, standards the student has learned from the classroom instruction that will better prepare him/her for further education and work.
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the year and will be reviewed by the SRD Committee as received and as long as funds are available.
- Students must take partial responsibility for expenses. The student shall provide the SRD Committee information on other fundraising efforts.
- The review Committee shall be composed of YFPE Board of Trustee. School division personnel may be asked to secure background and/or instructional-related information relevant to the decision making process.
- Award winners will be notified within 7 to 10 business days of the application process.
- Documentation of proposed expenditure as stated in application must be submitted with the original application.
- The student and his/her sponsor will provide a one page written report, to include a relevant photo of the student(s), to the SRD Committee concerning their experience no later than one month after the event.
Award of Funds
The amount and number of awards will depend on funds available from The York Foundation for Public Education, Inc.